Jesen u Baranji - Autumn in Baranja
Traditional event “Jesen u Baranji” (Autmn in Baranja) will be held on Friday 20th of September, Saturday 21st of September and Sunday 22nd of September in Beli Manastir.
Tourist board of Baranja as the co-organizer of this event invites all guests and locals from Baranja to join them in celebrating the beginning of autumn.
In three days this event will include various cultural program, gastronomical offer and music: Croatian, Hungarian, Serbian, Roma, German and other minorities, regional competition in preparing the Fish-paprikash (variation of peppery fish-stew prepared traditionally in the east regions of Croatia), parade of tens of horse carriages from continental Croatia as well as a kind of horse drawn carriage “speed grand prix”.
Teams for the fish-paprikash competition can enlist by contacting the Tourist office of Baranja (Turistička zajednica Baranje). The telephone number is: 031/70 20 80. The competition will be held on the 20th of September in the main square in Beli Manastir from 6 pm until 8 pm.
Friday 20th September 2013 – Tent in the main square Trg Slobode
- 10:00 – 13:00 exhibition „Multikulti in Baranja and Beli Manastir“, creative workshops for children
- 17:00 – 19:00 Fišijada – Open championship of Baranja in preparing fish-paprikash
- 18:00 official opening ceremony of the Jesen u Baranji event ...gastro offer in the tent
- 19:00 theatre show in the town theatre: „Vrata, prozori i prirodni nagoni“, comedy
- 20:00 victory ceremony of the Fish-papaprikash championship traditional music program, band TS Pleter
- 22:00 traditional music program, band Tamburaši Slavonske Krvi
Saturday 21st September 2013 – Vašarište (fair) by the state road (D7) Beli Manastir - Branjin Vrh and tent in the main square Trg Slobode
- 09:00 – 12:00 horse carriage parade thru town
- 10:00 – 18:00 traditional food and crafts in the stands in the main square
- 13:00 – 18:00 horse carriage speed competitions in the Vašarište fair grounds
- 18:00 cultural societies program in the main square (Croatians, Hungarians, Serbs, Roma, guests from Hungary), in the main square ...gastro offer in the tent
- 19:00 theatre show in the town theatre: „Sveta Tea“, comedy
- 20:00 traditional music program, band TS Rampaš and band TS Sokoli in the main square
Sunday 22nd September 2013 - in the main square Trg Slobode
- 18:00 – 22:00, Romsko srce NGO, program: „Roma in Baranja in the past, today, tomorrow“19:00 theatre show in the town theatre: „Kućanice“,comedy